JOB VACANCY AT ERA
Finance and Administration Officer
Deadline to Apply 16 March 2023, 23:00 PM CET
ERA - LGBTI Equal Rights Association for the Western Balkans and Türkiye is looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join its team as its Finance and administration officer.
The finance and administration officer plays a vital part in the administration and the smooth-running of ERA. They have a great deal of responsibility for ERA’s finance function under the supervision of the Executive Co-director (with operational, financial, and administrative focus), especially in dealing with inquiries, processing payments, monitoring and documenting revenues and expenses, managing cash flow, financial budgeting, and project planning, financial management and reporting as well as providing administrative support to the staff team.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Financial Administration: maintaining and improving financial and administrative systems, executing everyday economic activities including petty cash, expenses, mileage claims, and income and expenditure records; documenting and keeping up-to-date financial records; financial planning and preparing of the general budget of the organization, preparing of project budgets, preparing financial reports to various donors and national financial bodies;
- General Administrative work: purchase of office supplies and maintains the functionality of the office and its equipment; manage inventory list of ERA’s assets, communication with external and internal financial stakeholders about the services and purchases; prepare logistic and materials for meetings and other events, etc.;
- Members’ database management: periodically up-dating membership database, collecting members’ documentation, and administrating changes in members’ organizations;
- Management of resource database: keeping records of ERA’s publications, keeping records of stakeholders’ publications;
- Self-regulated learning: follow the current trends and changes in the national financial context of Serbia to ensure up-to-date functioning of financial and administrative systems and exploiting opportunities in the environment (tax exemptions, corporate social responsibility, and other donations, etc.);
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing annual financial report and assisting to Executive Co-director (with operational, financial, and administrative focus) in the preparation of financial information for the Annual General Assembly, as well as in all other aspects of financial and administrative work that concerns the Executive Director (with operational, financial and administrative focus);
- Monitoring and maintaining financial reporting schedules and requirements;
- Assembling reports and all necessary supporting materials and documents;
- Assist in financial and administrative aspects of the position of the Executive Director (with an emphasis on strategic, organization, and program development);
- Assist the other employees within the scope of financial and administrative aspects of their work;
- Assist in all strategic planning sessions, staff meetings, and other relevant events;
- Assist in organizing Annual General Assembly;
- Assist, when necessary, the Steering Board members in managing their meetings, travel, and accommodation;
- Logistical support for the organization of ERA's annual conference;
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g., letters, emails, and packages);
- Prepare reports with statistical data as assigned;
- Logistic support to all staff and Steering Board when necessary;
- Other business upon request of the Executive Co-director (with operational, financial, and administrative focus)
- Qualifications and experience
- At least a high school degree in social or economic science or equivalent experience in the field of finance, business administration, operations management, and logistics;
- At least three years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of financial and administrative operations of NGO organizations in Serbia;
Skills and aptitudes:
- Experience in setting up, improving, and maintaining financial management and accounting systems;
- Experience in bookkeeping and computerized accounting systems;
- Strong experience in reporting to different grant-making institutions/organizations in the non-governmental context;
- Knowledge of relevant laws and by-laws in Serbia;
- Excellent organizational and archiving skills;
- Sense of initiative and ability to be self-reliant, including the ability to deliver under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Ability to analyse, synthesize and keep track of complex administration material;
- Strong interpersonal skills, in particular, the ability to work well within a team and in a multicultural context, as well as the ability to work independently;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Experience in working with national, regional, or international non-governmental organizations and government bodies;
- Experience in HR policies and procedures and administration systems;
- Experience in setting up and managing office systems;
- Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods;
- Experience with grants funded by the European Commission;
- The week consists of 5 working days and 40 hours a week, usually Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm. The position requires extra working hours on an occasional basis and flexible office hours.
- The employee is entitled to annual leave of at least 20 working days. To this day, additional days pertaining to completed years of service, contribution to work, and professional and academic qualifications are added. The employee will also benefit from a collective leave during the winter holidays period, usually 25.12-08.01
- The employee’s salary includes social contributions and health insurance in accordance with Serbian legislation.
- In the case of belonging to a rainbow family, the employee will enjoy the same rights, benefits, and privileges as an opposite-sex family.
- When needed and according to financial resources available, psychological support / therapy will be provided.
- According to the financial resources available, private medical insurance will be provided.
- The employee can work from office and from home, by developing a fixed schedule with employer and in accordance with ERA’s Policy for Remote Work
- Employee will be required to travel on specific occasions (e.g team building, regional conferences, regional training evets)
- In case the employee needs to relocate to Belgrade, ERA will cover costs for working permit and other administrative costs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit a signed electronic version of the application form by email to [email protected], together with your CV and two recommendation letters.
The closing date will be 11.00 PM CET on the 16th of March, 2023. Selected candidates will be emailed about the interview date, time, and location. Interviews might be conducted via the Zoom platform.
For inquiries, please email [email protected]
Equal treatment and non-discrimination statement: ERA – LGBTI Equal Rights Association for Western Balkans and Türkiye actively encourages and promotes equal treatment and non-discrimination in all its policies, including employment policies and practices. An ERA is dedicated to opposing direct and indirect discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sex characteristics, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, race, creed, color, HIV status, or any other ground. However, ERA acknowledges the existence of multiple discrimination against the LGBTI population in the region and applies affirmative measures in the case of equal qualifications of the candidates by giving preferences to LGBTIQ persons.
Click here for a detailed overview of the job description.
Click here to download the application form (we advise you to use www.ilovepdf.com to convert the document from PDF to Word)
The deadline to apply is 16 March 2023, 23:00 PM CET
For any inquiries, please send an email to [email protected]