For Our Rainbow Future
Strengthening Networking and Leadership Skills of young LGBTIQ+ activists in Western Balkans, France and Germany
ERA - LGBTI Equal Rights Association for the Western Balkans and Turkey is happy to invite you to apply to be a part of "For Our Rainbow Future" programme. This program focuses on building capacities of young LGBTIQ+ activists from France, Germany, and the Western Balkans region, to become leaders of the LGBTIQ+ movement in their countries and beyond. ERA is implementing this program in cooperation with the Lesbian and Gay Federation in Germany (LSVD) and MAG – Young LGBT in France, with financial support from the Franco- German Youth Office (FGYO) and Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO).
This programme is based on the needs of young LGBTIQ+ activists, which often don't have the opportunity to learn how to become effective advocates and leaders and be prepared to work towards advancing rights of LGBTIQ+ persons. In order to improve this situation and empower young LGBTIQ+ activists, this programme will consist of three week-long capacity building trainings in Germany, France, and Albania, which will be attended by 24 young LGBTIQ+ activists coming from Germany, France, and the Western Balkans region. The trainings will be conducted in a participatory and interactive manner, combining different methodologies, such as presentations, workshops, group work, performance, and theater, etc.
Goals of this programme are to:
- Strengthen leadership, self-management, communication and activism skills of young LGBTIQ* leaders from France, Germany and the Western Balkans;
- Increase networking, inter-cultural and exchange of experiences between LGBTIQ+ youth leaders from France, Germany and the Western Balkans;
- Inspire creativity and other initiatives among young LGBTIQ+ young leaders from France, Germany and the Western Balkans;
- Encourage personal story-telling as a successful tool to counteract negative messages about young LGBTI people;
- Encourage involvement and engagement of LGBTIQ+ youth with other peace and relationship building regional and international networks such as Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO) and others;
Trainings will be held in three interlinked phases:
- 23-28 July 2019 in Berlin, Germany (arrivals on 23 and returning/departures on 28), which also includes attendance at the Berlin Pride Parade (Christopher Street Day Parade)
- 02-07 November 2019 in Tirana, Albania (arrivals on 02 and returning/departures on 07) with the possibility of attending ERA annual conference on 8-9 November (returning/departures on 10)
- 16-21 June 2020 in Paris, France (arrivals on 16 and returning/departures on 21), which also includes attendance at the Paris Pride Parade and the Grand Ball of the Pride
Participants must be:
Aged 18-30 years;
- Come from the Western Balkans (Serbia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Play a role within an LGBTIQ+ organization in the region, and be endorsed by this organization to participate in this program;
- Committed to follow-up on the training by implementing obtained knowledge and skills;
- Able to communicate effectively in English;
- Able to commit to participating in all three phases of training sessions (Berlin, Tirana, Paris).
- The number of participants is limited and the selection process will take into account country representation, representation of different identities within the LGBTI+ spectrum and the quality of the application.
- Please fill in the application form directly on this link.
- The deadline for submitting your on-line application is 27 May 24:00 CET
- For any questions or inquiries please send an Email at [email protected]