ERA - LGBTI Equal Rights Association for the Western Balkans and Turkey is happy to invite you to apply to attend a training on “Organisational development and internal governance for LGBTI organisations” which will take place on 13th -14th September 2019 in Belgrade, Serbia (arrival is on the 12th and returning/departure is on 15th September).
This training program and its methodology is developed in accordance with ERA’s Capacity Development Program 2016-2020 and the comprehensive Organizational Capacity Assessment of our member organizations in the region, which has identified the need to provide our member organizations and other LGBTI organizations with further capacity development in the areas of organizational development, internal governance, operational procedures and structural decision making with the aim to make them more effective, efficient and accountable. The training is primarily aimed for grass-root LGBTI organizations that are newly established and/or are with limited governance systems and internal procedures in place, and which are in need for organizational development support.
The training aims to equip the participants with sufficient knowledge and skills on governance systems, structural decision making, organizational development and internal operational procedures. Through this training, the participants will be given practical knowledge and tools, as well as best practice models, that can contribute to organizational sustainability, accountability and professionalism. As a follow-up to the training, and if needed, participants will be provided with continuous mentorship support by ERA.
Number of participants is limited and we will assess each applicant based on the need for capacity development in this area as expressed in the application form, as well as based on ERA's capacity assessment reports, in case they are available for a particular organization.
Participants must be:
- Holders of a position and/or responsibility in the field of governance/leadership and administration (e.g. executive director, project manager, administrative manager) in an LGBTI organization operating in the Western Balkans and Turkey region.
- Endorsed by their organization;
- Committed to follow-up to the training by implementing obtained knowledge and skills in the operation of the their organization;
- Able to communicate effectively in English;
- Able to participate for the full duration of the training session.
- Please fill in the application form directly on this link.
- The deadline for submitting your on-line application is 25 August 24:00 CET
- For any questions or inquiries please send an Email at [email protected]