JOIN Albania's LGBTIQ+ Shelter Annual Charity Gala
Albania's first and only LGBTIQ+ shelter, "Streha," is hosting its 7th Charity Gala to support at-risk LGBTIQ+ youth. The Gala is taking place at the Plaza Hotel on 13 April 2023.
To support this event, you can join in person or online through the EVENTBRITE platform. That means that you can buy the ticket in person or online. To learn more about ticket options, click on this link.
The price of the ticket is 100 Euros.
Please complete the registration form on this link if you wish to attend the event in person. If you buy the ticket via EVENTBRITE, the platform will automatically generate a ticket for you with a QR code. Simultaneous interpretation in English and Albanian languages will be provided. If you buy your ticket in cash, Streha will deliver the ticket to you at the address you choose.
Albania's LGBT Shelter is a story of success. Throughout the years, it has helped hundreds of at-risk youth from Albania and a few neighboring countries survive very challenging situations caused due to homophobia and transphobia, including housing and other services to empower LGBTQ+ people (primarily those aged 18-29).
Based in Tirana, Streha supports LGBTIQ+ youth from Albania and, occasionally, LGBTIQ+ youth from neighboring countries.
Streha supports LGBTQ+ people by providing:
- safe accommodation and meeting their basic needs;
- individual and group psycho-social counseling;
- legal aid;
- health services (educational sessions, health analysis, dental services, mediation for obtaining health care, support with medication, etc.);
- mediation for the benefit of professional training;
- life-skills training (maintaining personal hygiene, managing personal finances, efficient communication, drafting a CV, preparing for an interview, living in the community, etc.);
- employment mediations (professional needs assessment, employment plan drafting, labor market information, incentive to be an active job seeker);
- socio-cultural and entertainment activities;
- capacity building training for service providers;
- advocacy campaigns and awareness activities.
If you want to stay updated with news from Streha, please subscribe to their newsletter.