ERA – LGBTI Equal Rights Association for the Western Balkans and Turkey in cooperation with IREX Europe facilitated two strategic planning workshop for its Albanian member organizations Alliance against Discrimination LGBT and United PRO LGBT Cause. The workshops helped each organization to develop a clear strategic plan for the next three years 2019-2021 and to prepare their Annual Action Plans 2019 in a format that provides clarity and makes implementation of each organization’s objectives easy and clear.
The workshop, which was facilitated by Amarildo Fecanji and Dragana Todorović from ERA was designed in such a way so as to provide a clear overview of both organization’s internal environment and external context, LGBTI situation in the country and key stakeholders. On the second day, participants went more in-depth in revising and redefining their organization’s values, vision, mission and goals and then look into the key priorities and issues to address in the next strategic planning cycle. On the third days, participants managed to create concrete action plans for the year 2019 where they also included activities relevant to a stronger and more sustainable organization.
Through these workshops both organizations managed to set clear and concrete objectives, to better understand their strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and have a solid framework through which to conduct their activities and achieve their mission.
More specifically, Aleanca’s three main objectives for the next three years are to:
- Work on maintaining, building and strengthening organizational capacities of Aleanca’s staff;
- Work on protecting, empowering and mobilizing the LGBTI community;
- Working on promoting and advocating for the rights of LGBTI communities
PRO LGBT’s main objectives for the next three years are to:
- Work on building and strengthening internal capacities of the organization;
- Engaging with and empowering the LGBTI and other communities;
- Changing hearts and minds towards LGBTI people and other communities
- Advocating with institutions for the protection and promotion of the rights of LGBTI people and other communities;
ERA is very pleased to have contributed to such milestone steps for both its member organizations in Albania and is also very happy to make this training module available for all 57 member organizations in the Western Balkans and Turkey. If your organization is a member of ERA and you need assistance in revising or adopting a new strategic plan please send an inquiry Email at [email protected]