Sustainability and resilience webinars
25 October - 05 November 2021,Zoom Platform, Registration Required
We as LGBTIQ+ organisations and activists are working to empower the community and create safe and sustainable spaces for us, we are steeped in work that requires incredible amounts of strength, energy and time. We are frequently exposed to violence and injustice and carry individual and collective trauma, and we feel political repression and hostility towards our community . We feel anger, anguish, stress, frustration, pain and desperation of our contexts, and over this exposure can take a toll on us and the groups we are involved in when we disregard our own personal well-being and that of others.
This series of webinars is an invitation to explore the role of self and collective care in our work necessary for our social movements. We will aim to encourage wellbeing as a collective strategy for creation of the sustainable movement itself, where the wellbeing of one becomes the responsibility of all.
Webinars will offer space for:
- Working deeper with the personal/inner dimension of activism, as attending to the personal and inner aspect of our experience is essential for activism that is both effective and sustainable;
- Discuss on the sustainable activism and creation of the organizational mechanisms for sustainability and support for the activists;
- Recognizing our needs for survival and health we need spaces and time for rest and renewal. Healthy food sustains us. Finding pleasure in our live connects us with purpose and happiness;
- Recognizing our Limits: Our bodies are not machines: we have biological, emotional and physical rhythms that we have to respect;
- Building Emotional Resilience so we have tools in our emotional kits to deal with vicarious/secondary trauma;
- To build Emotional Intelligence so we can find language for our experiences;
- Practice collective tools for liberation.
Themes of the webinars:
25.10.2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Sustainable activism – what about our burnout & mental/physical health?
27.10.2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Emotional literacy – How are we dealing with fear, demotivation, and stress?
29.10.2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Cultures of collective and self-care
01.11.2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Movement level resilience – Are we talking about community care and resilience?
03.11.2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Understanding risk and threats – What about regenerative practices in groups?
05.11.2021, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Regenerative organisational culture – How are we building on sustainability and resilience?
Sandra Ljubinković is a feminist activist, psychotherapist, body worker, trauma counselor, somatic experiencing practitioner, trainer and facilitator. For 25+ years, Sandras’ work is inspired by mindful activism and social healing with human rights activist communities around the world and creating innovative holistic approaches to safety and well-being. Sandra facilitates individuals, groups, workshops and trainings creating and offering space for personal, organizational and community growth.
As someone with 25 + years of experience working with various communities :LGBTIQ, Womenx, human rights activists, various nonprofit organizations and community organizers, she is also lifelong student in the work of learning to undo whiteness and white supremacy while learning to co-create cultures of healing and collective liberation.